Mac Credit - Our Commitment
Mac Credit has a to protecting the confidentiality of our clients' personal information. We believe it is helpful to have an overview of how this commitment is applied as Mac Credit collects, uses and protects your information when you interact with us.
Our Information-Sharing Practices Apply to:
- Former Customers
We Collect Information from:
- Applications, questionnaires and other forms you submit (information such as your name, address and income)
- Your transactions with us and others (information such as account balances, fees, payment history, checks, parties to
transactions and credit card usage)
- Our communications with you, including recent copies of checks and our responses to your inquiries
- Credit bureaus (to determine your eligibility for credit or other financial products)
- Public sources, including census data and real estate records
- List vendors and membership lists, including magazine subscription lists
- Web-based tools when you visit our Web sites, including “cookies”
We May Disclose the Information Described Above to:
- Companies in our corporate group
- Other financial services providers, such as credit bureaus, securities broker-dealers, insurance companies and other
companies with which we have joint marketing agreements (CA Residents: other than as required or permitted by law, we
will not disclose information about you to other financial service providers with which we have joint marketing
agreements, unless you authorize us to do so)
- Non-financial service providers, such as retailers, online and offline advertisers, and companies who help market our
- Carefully selected business partners (e.g., so they can alert you to their valuable products and services)
- Other third parties, including non-profit organizations, as required or permitted by law or when you permit us to share
information about you
Mac Credit - Online Privacy
Mac Credit is committed to protecting the confidentiality of our clients' personal and financial information. We believe it is helpful to have an overview of how this commitment is applied as Mac Credit collects, uses, and protects your personal information when you interact with us online.
The Types of Information We Collect
When you visit a Mac Credit website or otherwise interact with us online, we may collect navigational and engagement information, such as pages visited and average time spent on a particular page. We may also collect technical information concerning your computer browser type, IP address, or the presence of any software necessary to view our site, as well as information about the computer you use to access secure pages. This is done to help us analyze our site and enhance your experience, to alert you of any possible software compatibility issues as well as helping us to make decisions about how various technologies are used on our site. In some cases, we may also use this information to help protect the security of your personal and account information.
How It's Used
When you or your representative provides personal information on applications, forms, and electronic messaging, we use
it for many purposes, including processing transactions on your account, responding to product applications and
questions, and to fulfill regulatory requirements.
Mac Credit maintains strict policies against the unauthorized disclosure or use of client information and has extensive safeguards in place to prevent unauthorized access.
These tracking tools may be anonymous or encrypted, and in most cases do not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. We may use these technologies to individually identify your interaction with our emails, including your opening of emails and reading content linked to in the emails.
Please note this website may link to other websites operated by third-parties or related entities that may have different data collection and usage policies. You should carefully refer to the privacy policies of these web sites as they may not be governed by this Privacy Statement.
You have the right to limit when we may share information about you. You may also tell us when not to send you
You may exercise one or more of your opt-out choices described. Call us toll free: 1-866-871-6783.
Please have your account numbers available.
If you have a joint account, your opt out applies to every person on the account. If you have multiple accounts with us (e.g., another credit card account, car loan, money market), you must opt out separately for each account.
In the event we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the revised Privacy Statement here and provide notice that an update has been made at any link on our web site to this Privacy Statement.